Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wrigley Field


Well since I had a few days off over the weekend I decided to meet up with my buddy from school up in Chicago. I headed up there Friday night after our game in Springfield. It was quite a drive but was definitely worth it after I got to go down to the historic park of Wrigley field and check up a Cubs vs. Cardinals game. The thing that made it even better was that the two teams are rivals and are also battling for first place in the National League Central division. After getting through the hour of traffic we finally made it to the ball park. Every part of the park was amazing. Between the packed stadium, to the devoted fans, and the wonderful seats I never wanted to leave this historic stadium. It was also very cool to be able to spend time with a friend of mine that lived on my floor the entire year at Biola. He is studying abroad next semester so I wont be able to hang with him as much. He lives in the small town of Downers Grove, IL. Which is about 5 hours from little Quincy but only about 40 minuets from downtown Chicago. His town reminds me a lot more of home then Quincy does. It hold a lot more people and is more "city like" rather then the typical country feel I get down South. With it all it has been a great experience. I also got to try traditional Chicago style pizza. It was huge and Kurt bet me that I wouldn't able to finish 3 pieces of pizza. Whoever lost would have to pay for the dinner. Let's just say that he underestimated me and how much food I can take in. After all I am an athlete. Well today we woke up bright an early and went to his Church. It was definitely a lot More traditional then the Churches I have attended back home. I actually wore a nice dress shirt and everything! The Church is also full of older people which is another thing that I am not really used too. Despite the differences the loving nature of God was running through the place. Everyone wasn't just there to go to Church but they were there to learn. I really enjoyed my time at the Church and also my time with Kurt for the day. I have a big game tomorrow against our rival team across the river in Hannibal, Missouri. So I am going to have to get a good nights rest and hopefully I will be able to get in the game! See ya and pray that I will find time to write and get back into this slowly but surely! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment