Sunday, July 19, 2009

Having a Blast

Well despite the fact that all this week has been is traveling everywhere, I am really liking the fact that I am getting the opportunity to do all of this traveling. Right now I am sitting in my hotel room in Lorain, Ohio getting ready for a baseball game. Before that we were in Springfield, then we went two hours back home to Quincy, then traveled 5 hours north to Dupage, after that we drove 7 hours here to Ohio then tonight we are headed to Richmond, IN to finish off the road trip. It has definitely been a long week but indeed an exciting one. We are winning which is always great and I am really getting to know each of the teammates and they are all a great bunch of guys. I actually made the T.V. news the other day after making a catch at the wall and running into it. It is kind of funny to watch and the broadcaster announces my name wrong, but it is still awesome to be able to see me up on the T.V. I posted a link so you can be able to check it out. As far as my personal life is going, it is tough not being around to many Christians all of the time and I am often tempted with sinful things around me. For example if I opened up the blinds in my hotel room, there would be a close up view of a strip club next store. Last night a couple of fellas went down there and I spent the night alone up in the room. I did not think once of going down there thanks to the kind words of my step dad Ron. He told me some stories of how he dealt with basically the same situation and it definitely gave me the courage to be able to stand up for what I believe in. Well now to get off that topic and head to one that has been bothering my stomach. Ever since I have been here all I have been eating is junk food! I can't get away from it, no matter where we go we always stop at some fast food restaurant and I am basically forced to eat unhealthy. I mean I don't have to pay for a thing which is nice so I guess I'll just have to go with the flow for a while. Let's just pray that some better food finds my stomach. I am kind of random today only because I just want to write down some things that are on my mind and get on with the day. There weer thunder and lightning storms last night so I am sure the field is going to be soaked so lets get muddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment