Friday, July 10, 2009

I Can't Believe I am in Illinois

Picture 1: Our highlights are on TV every night!

Picture 2: 4th of July Fireworks at the field

Picture 3: Part of the packed Quincy Stadium

BTW I took them with my phone so they are a little blurry.

Well I was sitting at work one day and my buddy Chris text me and asked if I was playing baseball this summer. I explained to him that I indeed was paying and also working a whole lot. Now I new that he was in Illinois playing in a summer collegiate league and was also doing very well as a pitcher but I never expected him to do what he did next. He asked me if I would like to fly out and finish up my summer playing with his team! I was super stoked! This is the kind of league that my dad wanted me to play in originally but by the time we started it was to late to get on a roster. So basically this was s huge answer to prayer and before I new it the next day I was on a plane headed to St. Louis then the small town of Quincy, IL. I have been to this part of the country before while playing in the Colt World Series in Lafayette, IN. I absolutely love this part of the country and I am so excited to be here. I mean the thing that has sucked was not really being able to say good bye to my Friends and family. I just got up and left. I don't have any regret though because I am having a blast out here. I am hoping to get in more of the games here and prove that I have what it takes to play. So far in three games I am hitting .450 with 3 RBI's. Hopefully I can continue to play this way when I get put in the game. I will try to update the page more often then not and explain what kind of fun I am having out here! I mean we get 1,000's of people a game and it is just full of fun events to keep the fans into the game. I posted up a picture of just part of the stands that were packed through the night and us sitting down enjoying a nice fire work show for the 4th of July. It kind of reminds me going to Minor League games growing up with the kind of ridiculous things they do around the ball park. It is also nice getting to know the guys on the team, they are definitely different then Biola players haha but they are the most hilarious group of guys that I have come across. I am staying with a host family in town and they are also awesome and have a nice house for me to stay in. I get the whole basement to myself and although it is usually freezing down here it is nice to sometimes just come down here and unwind after a long day at the ball park. Well I am just kind of writing things as they come to mind but I am going to go ahead and take off for now. I have a game in Springfield, IL today then my buddy Kurt Jaros that lives in Chicago is picking me and we are heading to his place for the weekend! Hopefully we can check out a Cubs Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment