Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 53 "I'd like to Thank..."


Daily Summary: Like I said yesterday today I am really going to take the time to write everything out the way I usually do. Yesterday was just crazy and I literally wrote everything in less then 10 minuets and I was basically falling asleep while I was writing the thing. After I posted it and everything I then couldn't fall asleep and I ended up laying there up until around 2 AM. I don't know why really I guess my mind has been just kind of floating around for a while now. I was still pretty upset about yesterday but I am slowly getting over it. Anyways I woke up this morning of course super tired from staying up so late last night. When this happens I kind of have an instinct headache that last throughout the day. I think that is pretty normal for most people. It was kind of nice to wake up to an empty house since my brother had a game way out in Whittier and my parents went to go see him play. I never really get to much time to myself and I really haven't lately so it was definitely kind of nice. I watched some hockey, ate some breakfast, and did some laundry for most of the morning before getting ready for Church. I haven't been to Crossroads (my home church) in a few weeks so I was definitely excited to check out what's going on over there. I miss it in a way but then again I like experiencing other churches and things like that to see how different everything is. So I met up with my friend Alissa and we went. Church was awesome! Pastor Chuck talked about us being disciples in our Christian walk. I have talked about it time and time again how really important it is to really have that relationship with Jesus. Not just pray before we eat or anything like that but to actually be His friend. When we may be just driving around or at work or school we should be talking to Jesus. There is honestly so much more to it but he gave us some awesome verses that I will definitely be using here in the next couple of days. After Church I went to Applebees with my friend Alissa and her dad. He treated so it was pretty sweet. He is a totally cool guy and he is definitely living his life to the fullest. After that Alissa dropped me off at my car and I went to my moms to say hello before heading to Chicks. They are going out of business so I just went there and got a few things with some awesome prices. I needed to take pictures today but I still am really confused on what to take pictures of and also it wasn't a clear day at all and they probably wouldn't of came out very nice. So instead of that I just went home and sat around for a few hours before becoming really bored. I need to do homework and everything but I just am going to set tomorrow as official homework day. I am going to get completely caught up no matter how long it takes me. I am truly dedicating the day to homework. Just watch tomorrow's blog will probably be me complaining about the homework and how lame it is. All well it will be all worth it in the end when I walk down that isle in 4 years. Well hopefully 4 years. Ha well later on I ended up going to again hang out with Alissa at her house this time. We watched the Academy Awards and it was really interesting. I have never actually watched that event all the way through and it is actually really cool without really any commercial breaks. Pretty sweet. Later on I realized that I couldn't recall any of the celebraties thanking God for their accomplishments. This really hurt me and made me think about all of the actors and famous people don't know You Jesus is. It was also sad the fact that there was some controversial things said that I didn't like. I won't go into detail but I just kind of got disgusted with the fact that people where cheering and supporting some of the things that were said. This makes me feel strong as a journalism major and getting involved in the media world. I want to be able to bring God into it as much as possible and I am so thankful that I am at a Christian school where I can do that. Anyways I also got a nice meal by her mom she cooked this awesome chicken and ravioli dish that was just awesome. It definitely has been nice coming home this weekend. I have gotten to eat so good the last couple days and have also got to see a lot of friends which is always amazing. Tomorrow I am going to wake up and figure out if I have practice and if I don't I am going to get to homework! Can't wait for such an exciting day! It is probably going to rain so I once again won't be able to take pictures. All well.

Daily Reading: Galatians 1:6-10
No other Gospel. There are many things that we may be mistaken by what people seem to say is the truth but is indeed far from it. There are so many different religions and things like that out there which claim to be followers of Christ yet aren't what so ever. For example T
he Mormon church views Jesus and Satan as spirit brothers and sons of God. God put forth His plan of salvation for the world, and Satan proposed his own plan. Jesus accepted the Father's plan and offered to implement it as the Savior. The Father chose Jesus, and the spirit of Jesus was given a body through the virgin Mary. He was crucified on a Roman cross, and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity. The character and life of Jesus is attainable by anyone who performs at such a righteous level. We as Christians teach that Jesus Christ has existed eternally as the Son of God, the second "person" of the Trinity. Jesus took on human flesh about 2000 years ago and was born into the world through the virgin Mary. He was crucified on a Roman cross for our sins, and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity. The Mormon church also uses two sources as its primary authorities: the Book of Mormon and the Bible. The Doctrine and Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price are also viewed as divinely authoritative. Us Christians only use the Holy Bible alone as its authority from God. Now if we were to talk to an actual Mormon about the difference between them and us they would say that we are exactly the same. Paul's words in these verses are amazing when he says "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!" He definitely got it right when saying these words. Satan will literally use any source in getting us on the wrong track and keeping us away from the actual Truth. Twisting around the Bible and making it all seem that is was a mistake is an easy way for non believers to fall into a trap that they may not be able to get out of. This is why we need to be so careful to the things we take part in because the devil can hide himself in the most unexpected places. In context, there is only one way given to us by God to be forgiven of sin and that is through believing that Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. No other person, method, or ritual can give eternal life. Attempting to be open-minded and tolerant, some people assert that all religions are equally valid paths to God. In a free society, people have the right to their religious opinions, but this doesn't guarantee that their ideas are right. God does not accept man-made religion as a substitute for faith in Jesus Christ. He has provided just one way and that is Jesus Christ himself. A twisting of the truth is more difficult to spot than an outright lie.

Daily Prayer:
Dear God,
I thank You for this beautiful day and for the perfect degree of the whether. I also thank You for the time I got to spend with You tonight in reading and expressing thoughts on how we should stick to Your word for all of our answers to the problems we have in life. I thank You for giving us that life guideline and for all the wonderful writers of it. I pray for the people that may have fallen into the wrong religion Father. Maybe it isn't their fault and they were basically born into the religion they think may be true. I pray that they will somehow find out who You are and realize that You are the ultimate source of all forgiveness and power God. I now pray for the people in the movie business. I noticed that most of the actors and the people that accepted the awards failed to thank You for their accomplishments. I feel that there aren't to many believers of You in that field after watching that Lord. I pray that You will some how creep into their lives and help them to know the truth and that You are the only reason where they are at today. I now thank You for the time I got to spend with some friends and family this weekend. I pray that next time I will be able to spend more time with my mom and the kids Lord. I pray for some clear whether this Tuesday morning so I can take some pictures for school Father. I now pray for my friends and family that may be going through some rough times. I pray that You will lift them up in any way possible and for them to look to the ultimate Source for the answers to their problems. I pray for the ones that don't know You that You will some how give them a chance to know You God and for me to help them with that God. Help me not to be nervous and not to be ashamed of my Faith. Give me the words I need to help them realize what a relationship with You can really do. I pray that others will be able to see You through me. I pray for my attitude as it has been on the slopes lately, I have been struggling with frustration and anger lately. Help me to get rid of all things like that Lord and to look to You and pray to You no matter how upset I may be. I pray that You will also get rid of the sexual sin that haunts me Father. I pray that I am not tempted and for when I am for the strength to ignore them Father. I pray for a dream girl that I can share my love with and wait till marriage before we go far Lord and for us not to be tempted in that kind of way. I now pray for our country and new President Lord. I pray that our economy can be turned around and more job opportunities can be created. I pray that with the decisions our new President makes that You will be with him in those situations and that he will make the right ones. I pray for the business that are struggling especially the Churches. Please help them to get back up and be comfortable enough to be able to stay afloat. I pray that this week will go well Lord and that I will get all of my homework done tomorrow without getting stressed out. I love You so much Father. I thank You for all You are doing in my life and I pray that I continue to shine Your light and express my thoughts through this blog. I pray for the painful things going on on m physical body for them to heal and for me to play baseball to the best of my ability. I adore You Father.
AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment