Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 57 "Ping Pong"


Daily Summary: Well today was really slow and wasn't full of anything really exciting except for the fact that it's Friday! Friday is my favorite day of the week. One thing why it is great is because I get to sleep in and not worry about getting ready for class or doing any quick homework. Another reason why Friday is so awesome because I am able to go out with my mom and have a free lunch. We go to the same place every Friday and I love spending every second with her. After lunch i went to practice. I didn't really have a good day at practice I was kind of down the whole time for some reason. I played fine and felt good physically except for the fact that my arm was killing me but for some reason I couldn't get happy at all. During batting practice and waiting for my turn I kind of just was thinking about my blog and how I need to basically be doing the right things that I talk about in my daily reading section. Instantly I started praying and asking God to fill me with His presence and for me to get out of the lame mood I was in. I felt better for the most part after practice but just a little thought of my blog and God made everything that much better. It again pushes me to keep up with the writings and not even think about giving up. I constantly have to push myself but I am so used to putting God in the center of it that I get it done before I go to bed every single night. Anyways after practice I went to dinner with Phil then beat him at a few games of ping pong. He always gets pumped up to play then once he is done playing me he always gets depressed and says he is never going to play again. I try to laugh at him but he is kind of a sore looser. It is pretty funny to watch but can get frustrating at times. All well I usually let him win the first game we play to get him going then I finish him off. Shh. Nothing against Phill though he is actually really good and does beat me from time to time. After playing a few hours of ping pong. My plans ended up falling through for the night so I just hung in the room and cleaned the entire thing. It looks so much better now I almost forgot what it looked like before. I always feel more comfortable when everything is clean and organized around me. For the rest of the night I relaxed and got to bed somewhat early. We have an 8:30 bus tomorrow and I need to be out of the dorms by 7:50 to get the lunches then get dressed for the game. I am stoked for the most part tomorrow but I probably wont end up playing. We will see what happens though.
Daily Reading: Hebrews 2:1
Pay Attention. One day we can be on fire for the Lord and everything seems to be going right then we just have one of those days and everything just seems wrong. It is non other then Satan doing whatever he can to get our minds off of God. A few weeks ago I posted that video of how Satan really plans on keeping us away from God. They are things we never would realize or think about. What we think that may be good could actually just be a distraction in order to put out our fire for God. Getting that promotion may seem good and a blessing but when thinking about how much more you may be away from you family and how much busier you may be may indeed be a distraction from your personal life with others and God. This is why we need to get on our knees and put everything in God's hands and have Him help us make the decisions that we are going through. When wondering where I was going to college, obviously my dream and first choice would be go to a big Division 1 school that may be across the country. It was my choice for a long time then all of a sudden I started getting things from smallNAIA schools. Then I realized that they all happened to be Christian schools. I had never thought before about going to a Christian school what so ever. Anyways long story short, when I look back on it now, I couldn't think of myself being anywhere but a Christian school. Especially one likeBiola . Between the professors and people that are hear nothing compares to any other college and I am so blessed to be a part of the University and the baseball team. Back to the Point. I also look back and see if I did end up going to one of those schools and I wonder where my faith would be at. Or heck if I would even have any faith at all. It almost seems scary to think of anything like that but it is most likely true. So therefore sometimes the better of the two choices may actually be the worse of the two choices. PRAY PRAY AND PRAY! God will bless You with whatever is in His will for You even if it isn't what we want! In Biblical terms it is talking about early believers that were in danger of falling away from Jesus. They had heard the word's of the gospel but those words had not sunk in. People raised in believing families and churches risk the same danger today. They hear the words and more or less agree but mental assent to Christ's leadership is insufficient to be Christ's disciple. Just because we may be involved in the church such as, being some kind of leader, or counselor, we shouldn't assume that people who comply and conform are truly commit ed to Christ. We should get to know each individual person who attends the group or cause so that we can keep each other in check to make sure we do not become dead in Christ.
Daily Prayer:
Dear God,
Thank You or today. Thank You for the fact that with the bumps in the road I looked to you for guidance Father. I am truly amazed how you have an impact on me on a daily basis. I can't ask for anything more Father. I pray for tomorrows games to go well and for me not to get upset if I don't play. If I do play Lord help me to play to the best of my ability. Help me not to feel any type of pain that is going on in my body.
I now pray for the people who think that they can sin just because You will forgive them anyway. Help them to understand the right system God and for them to know that excepting You as there Lord and Savior and having that relationship with You is the only way that their sins will be ultimately forgiven. I now pray for my friends and family. I pray for all of the rough times that they may be going through Lord that they will look to You for guidance and for strength God. I pray for the ones that don't know You. Please help them to some how find You God and for You to use me in the process. I pray for our country and for our fairly new President. Please help him to make the right decisions and for our economy to be turned around for the better. Please help those who are loosing their homes and jobs to stay up on their feet and not give up on life or anything like that. Help them to figure out that there is a Savior that loves them and will help them through it all. I pray that You continue to push me to take my writings to the extra level and for me to not get lazy in writing them. I pray that I will be able to get my full thoughts every single day and also for them to do so. I pray for my dream girl Father. Please help me find her and for me to be patient int he process. Help me to be absolutely sure and for me not to make any mistakes. I pray for my Dad and his family Lord that You will lift them up and keep them on their feet and if any way possible for them to all come to know You God. Let me be a light in their lives so that they may become curious to why I am the way I am. Help them to have a better understanding of it all. Help everyone to be able to see You through me and for me to be myself no matter who I may be around. Most of all God help me to be a living example of You. I pray that You hep me through school and everything and for me to not become lazy and for me to get my work done. I pray for all of these things in Your wonderful name.
AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever really thing how SATAN is using baseball to keep your eyes off of GOD and how he is using the disappointment of not playing and at times not doing well to get you mad at yourself and put you in a bad mood. Don't let him get the best of you that's for God to have. It's Satan way of taking away the gift that God gave you to play and praise him with. It's up to you to choose to listen to the father of lies or praise God good or bad. If you win praise him and if you loose praise him in all. He is going to use every which way to take your eyes off of God. God Blessed you to go to a Christian School, play on a great baseball team, your faith is growing stronger everyday, you are writing your blog, praying for unbelievers, in all that Satan is trying to hit you hard and he is trying to hit you hard in baseball cause he thinks he can win there. Don't let him!!!

    ReplyDelete