Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 58 "Darkness"


Daily Summary: Well it kind of took me a while before actually falling asleep and then having to wake up early it took me a while to get out of bed and get going but overall I felt like today was going to be a pretty good day. I headed out around 8:00 to go pick up the lunches and get ready to head to the games today. We were off to Irvine to play Concordia University. They had the same record as us and we were hoping for some good quality games today. We were alive for the whole game and pumped up but made some key mistakes that cost us a bunch of runs. We ended up loosing the game 13 to 5. I got in the game after the second inning and went 0 for 3. I got real frustrated after the third at bat and was just ready for it all to end I tried my best praying to God but it was really hard to do so when I am so frustrated with myself. During that time a ball was hit in the gap and I made a diving play that was pretty sweet and pumped me back up and I instantly forgot about my bad day at the plate. Baseball is a funny game and there are times where we just want to quit and give everything up and there are times where you can't picture anything else in life but baseball and how great it is. It sucks but then again it's sweet but I think that goes with almost every sport. Anyways the second game started up and we started out hot then found ourselves trailing going into the top of the 6th. Then we had the bases loaded with no one out with Hawkins Gebbers up and for the first time ever, at least the first time actually being on the team that it has happened to. He lined out hard to the shortstop, then the shortstop flipped to second to double one of our guys up then through to first for the same thing. A triple play. We couldn't believe what just happened but we kept our heads up and then got back up in the final inning down 7 to five and went crazy. We were all going nuts having a blast trying our best to get in the pitchers head and get some runs. We did exactly that. We posted up 3 runs and took the lead 8 to 7. After that coach put me in left for a defense replacement and I was pumped to get the game done with and head home with a victory. Then all of a sudden a guy got on and then an error put another guy on. A base hit then scored him and tied up the game. This sucked! We had been in so many extra innings games lately and I was so over it. We tried our best to get things going and we had a couple chances but failed to score. In my only at bat I walked but obviously didn't end up scoring. The next inning we had the bases loaded with two outs and our fastest guy Tex tried to steal home but wasn't able to make it. After that we got through the next inning and were going to bat they called the game to darkness. This is the second time this has happened and both times I am due up 3rd in that inning. I thought that was pretty funny. Well then I headed back to school on the bus, got cleaned up, and headed home since I have another interview with that Teen Center tomorrow. I felt real refreshed after the shower and was ready to be home. I have a tone of homework to do tomorrow so lets hope I can get that done as well.
Daily Reading: Colossians 2: 16-17
Footnotes: Here, Paul was probably referring to the Jewish dietary laws. The festivals mentions are Jewish holy days celebrated annually, monthly, and weekly (The Sabbath). These rituals distinguished the Jews from their pagan neighbors. Failure to observe them could easily notice by those who were keeping track of what others did. But we should not let ourselves be judged by others, because Christ has set us free. Paul then told the Colosian Christian's not let anyone criticize their diet or their religious ceremonies. Instead of outward observance, believers should focus on faith in Christ alone. Our worship, traditions, and ceremonies can help bring us close to God, but we should never criticize fellow Christians who's traditions and ceremonies are different then ours. More important than how we worship is that we worship Christ. Don't let anyone judge you. You are responsible for Christ. I chose these set of verses today because there are times were us Christians are judged for the things we do. Maybe the way we dress, the music we listen to, maybe the kind of things that we watch on T.V. Anyways what Paul is saying that we should never change the things that we do just because others say that we are hurting God for our actions. Unless the things we are doing is either sinful, or getting in the way of our relationship with Jesus. Overall that is the most important piece of information. So therefore, tattoos, hardcore music, weird clothes, pierced ears, eat meat (which isn't really a big deal anymore, and any other thing that others might say is wrong is actually perfectly fine because Jesus doesn't care about any of these things all He cares about is that You glorify Him in the process of all of these things. Don't put any earthly pleasure in front of God.
Daily Prayer:
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a beautiful and super hot day today. Thank You for the fact that we got to play baseball in this great weather. Although we may not have played well today I pray that You will keep our heads up and not give up on this season. I pray that we will continue to work hard and play to the bet of our ability. I pray for the frustration I encounter when failure is amongst me. I tend to think negative Lord and it corrupts me. Please help me get rid of all that and for me to keep my head up through it all. I pray that tomorrows interview will go well and although it is going to be tough for me to be able to get through the whole things help me to be positive and outgoing through it all. Help me to have a cheerful heart in whatever I do Lord and help me to glorify You through every single action. Help others to be able to see You through me and my actions. I now pray for my friends and family Father that they may be going through some rough times. I pray that You will lift them up in whatever they may be going through and help them to fix their eyes on You. I pray for the friends and family that don't know You or they think that they know You Lord but the full relationship isn't there. Please help them to understand wnad know who You are and for them to somehow find You. Please use me in this process an for me to show Your love and grace to everyone around me. I pray for us Christians who may be getting judged by the things we do. Please help the ones that may be criticizing us to realize what the Word says about it all and for them to focus on how their relationship is rather then ours. I pray for my dream girl Lord that You will somehow help me find her and for me to be patient in the procress. I pray for school for me to get going on that and for me to be able to do all of my homework and to do it on time. I pray for our country and our new president. That You help him in making the right decisions and for us to be able to turn this economy around. I pray all these things in Your name.
AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment