Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 74 "I Don't Like the Doctor's Office"


Daily Summary: woke up and without out hesitating I headed straight for the books. I really needed to get some homework done especially since it is a group project and I needed to do my part. Through that time I mixed in having a bowl of cereal and watching some of sports center. My arm felt a little more stiff today then it did yesterday but still a lot better then it had been. After getting all the homework done I got ready and met my friend Allee for lunch. We just talked and what not and it was good to go to lunch together since we did all the time last year when I was in high school. I headed back home and headed back down to orange county for my MRI. Or so I thought. We got to the office and they redirected us to another hospital down the road. It was a mess. My appointment was set at 2:45 we didn't get past the lobby till about 3:30. After we got ready to get things going, we didn't see a doctor till almost 4:15! Not only was I not getting the MRI I was hoping for but I got another x ray. My 3rd one. I guess this one was a charm because he finally gave me the go for an MRI. I am not going to lie the whole situation kind of frustrated me. I became pretty impatient with the whole thing I was there for over 2 hours for about 10 minuets worth of actual progress. I prayed and got over it but the whole time I was trying to think of how the men and women of the Bible had to wait for God's promises to be fulfilled. A bit ago I thought of Abraham. God promised him children, so much children that he couldn't even count. After waiting around till the age of 100! He finally got his first child. I couldn't imagine being 100 years old and still waiting for a kid to pop out of my wife. Shoot Abraham must of had some patience and probably also felt frustrated many times in waiting for his son. This is a man who I admire and will have to think about when I become impatient about being I'm a single place for almost 2 hours. God kept me there for a reason and I need to trust Him through that. Anyways after I finally got out there I decided to go straight to outback with my step mom. She was working so that means free food. It was Delicious and I am still full right now as I type a few hours later. Shoot good stuff. Well I headed back to school to go develop my photos. Everything seemed to be going good up until I was done mixing the chemicals and everything. I couldn't get the lid to come off! Ahh shoot god here was again testing my patience and l even began praying over the containers asking for God's strength to help me open them. Even my roommate Phil couldn't open the containers. So after about a half hour I brought them back to my room and posted up on our bored that if anyone can open the containers they would get a dollar. My other roommate Dan comes walking in. I asked him to try them and without even trying he opened them! I couldn't believe it ha I couldn't do anything but laugh Phil and I literally broke our arms trying to open them and they wouldn't even budge! Crazy stuff ha well I am just glad they opened up and that I coils finish them up. Ha thanks Dan. After I got all that done I headed to bed early I mean super early around 10:45 probably the first time I went to bed that early since high school shoot. It felt really nice and hop fully I will wake up nice and refreshed tomorrow.

Daily Reading: Proverbs 29:11
I obviously chose this verse because of my situation today. With these words I was definitely fool. I gave into anger today and it was something that was totally selfish of me. The people around me may have had an impact on my decisions but over all I should of went with God's presence rather then those around me. Through God I need to be wise and remain in control of my. If I am angry for what is going around me then I can't shine that light that God gives me. I can't have an impact on others and influence them to become believers. I may only get one chance to show someone who God is and what He means to me. If I blow it by having someone not even talk to me because of my actions I mine as well have killed them. I won't get to much into detail about that whole process but it may be the only chance they get to experience everlasting life. I don't want to be that one Christian people look down upon. I want people to be able to look at me and say that Vinnie dude is a sweet and cool guy. Not for my pleasure but for God's pleasure. I need to follow His law and not my own. God is the overall power and he makes everything happen for a reason. I love Him so much even though He always seems to be catastrophically late. It always turns out for the better thought! Praise God.

Daily Prayer:
Dear God,
Thank You for another beautiful day. I instantly pray for my frustrations and negativity that consumed me Father. I struggled with both on a few different occasions today. I pray that I next time will be reminded of your servant Abraham Father and that he will inspire me the next time I become impatient. I now pray for the evil thoughts that Satan is constantly attacking me with. I can't seem to knock them out Lord. I pray in Your Name to make Satan be gone from my mind and everything around me. I pray that I can obtain enough strength to defeat the enemy. I now pray for my friends and family. I pray that You will help them with any struggles they may have going on in their life. I pray that You will lift them up and help them to trust You God. I pray for the ones that don't know You God. Please help them to some how find them and use me in that process. I now pray for my attitude. Help me to keep a positive attitude all the time Father and for me to look to You when I need that help. Help others to see You through me and my actions. I pray God now for our country and President. Please help us get through this recession and for our new President to make the right decisions God. I pray for my dream girl. Please help me to somehow find her God and for me to be patient in the process. I pray for tonight's sleep. Please give me positive dreams that resemble You God and help me to wake up nice and refreshed, ready for the the new day tomorrow. I love You God!!!!!!!
AMEN

1 comment: