Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 78 "In the Name of the Lord"


Daily Summary: Woke up kind of exhausted but was totally woken up by an awesome missions conference this morning. This missionary lady spent over 20 years in Papa Nueguene (don't know how to spell that) translating the Bible into a small villages language. Her story is amazing and it really woke me up spiritually in letting me realize how many people truly don't know about the Bible or even God. I am not sure if is my calling to be able to do something like that but it is definitely something that I will always be supportive of. It was a great way to end off missions conference. I am now done with attending them for the week even though there was only one left. It was definitely a great experience and I will look forward to attending them next year. After that although I didn't really feel like it I headed back to the room just to relax before getting ready for practice. For some reason I had to again fight off the enemy this morning because I was filled with a little bit of anger. I realized that I was like this for no reason and I right away started to pray really hard to get Satan out. I had to fight off a few times but like always God came out on top and really lifted me up. Well through practice and everything things really didn't to much easier. I got myself into trouble at practice and payed for it big time. Today really didn't go as well as I planned. I got over it really quick though and turned things around. I just knocked it out of my head. I was going to write about how lame everything was today but it really wasn't. Yes today at practice wasn't the most eventful, I did get to hit today so that was definitely a plus. After practice I really didn't do much but at dinner I got to have a good talk with my roommate Phil about some stuff going on in my life. We got to share stories and experiences in order to help out some decisions I am going to have to make in the next couple of weeks. It brought me at ease for the most part and made me realize that I just need to trust God and He will put everything right in its perfect place. I sat around for a couple houirs after that I actually watched a few episodes of Nip/Tuck which I haven't done so in a while. I wasn't going to do anything for the rest of the night but my bud Owen text me and asked to chill. I don't know how many times I have made plans with him and didn't work out so I am glad they did tonight. We had a lot of fun just playing some video games and making some pancakes. Totally random but totally fun! Ha well yesterday I talked about making nice thoughts to others. Honestly it was a lot of work. It was really hard while being frustrated for the most part of the day to really give out random appreciations. Overall I made those appreciations and I felt at ease after each one of them. It made me smile along with them. They probably didn't know what the heck I was doing it for, but if they read my blog they would figure it out. Ha well good night ya'll. I have two games tommarow that I am not sure that I am going to be playing in. I will talk about it tommarow!
Daily Reading: Colossians 3:17
In the name of the Lord. We should be doing everything in the name of the Lord. Nothing that we do should be against His will. Easier said then done for sure. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish the things we do and separate them from bad to good. I was reading up on the verse and searching for some stuff online. Every once in a while I like to do so that way I to can learn alone with the people who read it. I found this explanation the most useful. P
utting it in its context, Paul is writing to the Colossian church about maintaining proper relationships. In the first part of the third chapter he instructs the church about those things they must keep out of their lives - things that destroy relationships. Then beginning in verse 12, he writes about things they must put into their lives -- things that make for peaceful and happy relationships. After telling the church to put on things like mercy and kindness and humility and forgiveness and love, Paul tells them to teach and admonish one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. He then reminds them in verse 17 that everything they say and do must be done in the name of the Lord Jesus. In the remainder of the chapter, and on into chapter four, Paul takes up specific relationships - husbands and wives, children and parents, servants and masters, Christians and unbelievers - telling the church what God expects them to say and/or do in those relationships.God has a way for us in every relationship. We are never left in the dark as to how we should conduct ourselves at play or at work, in the home or in the church. Paul reminds us that we are never free to make up our own rules for any relationship; whatever we do, in word or deed, must be done in the name of the Lord Jesus.


Daily Prayer:
Dear God,
Today was indeed another rough day. Without these rough days God I wouldn't learn from my mistakes and prepare myself for the troubles of the future. So therefore I thank You for the rough patches in life that I go through. I do pray for the strength to be able to get through them and also for me to remain positive through it all. Though I may be frustrated throughout part of the day, continue to help me with my attitude so that others will still be able to see Your light through my actions and the way I handle my problems. I pray God for forgiveness for the lame things I have done today. I said some unkind words to others that were completely unnecessary. I pray that I will choose the right words in the future and that I can trust You that everything is going to be okay. Please keep Satan from my thoughts in telling me that my life sucks, and for me to just quit everything that I have worked so hard for. I pray that I will never give up on anything that I have started God. Help me to stay strong and to stick to the things I believe in. I love You so much.
Help me not to feel any type of pain that is going on in my body. I now pray for the people who think that they can sin just because You will forgive them anyway. Help them to understand the right system God and for them to know that excepting You as there Lord and Savior and having that relationship with You is the only way that their sins will be ultimately forgiven. I now pray for my friends and family. I pray for all of the rough times that they may be going through Lord that they will look to You for guidance and for strength God. I pray for the ones that don't know You. Please help them to some how find You God and for You to use me in the process. I pray for our country and for our fairly new President. Please help him to make the right decisions and for our economy to be turned around for the better. Please help those who are loosing their homes and jobs to stay up on their feet and not give up on life or anything like that. Help them to figure out that there is a Savior that loves them and will help them through it all. I pray that You continue to push me to take my writings to the extra level and for me to not get lazy in writing them. I pray that I will be able to get my full thoughts every single day and also for them to do so. I pray for my dream girl Father. Please help me find her and for me to be patient int he process. Help me to be absolutely sure and for me not to make any mistakes. I pray for my Dad and his family Lord that You will lift them up and keep them on their feet and if any way possible for them to all come to know You God. Let me be a light in their lives so that they may become curious to why I am the way I am. Help them to have a better understanding of it all. Help everyone to be able to see You through me and for me to be myself no matter who I may be around. Most of all God help me to be a living example of You. I pray that You hep me through school and everything and for me to not become lazy and for me to get my work done. I pray for all of these things in Your wonderful name.
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment