Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 102 "Missed it by Inches"


Daily Summary: Well after not really being able to sleep last night I woke up around 7:00 to get ready for a 7:45 bus and head to San Diego for a double header with San Diego Christian College. We swept them the last double header we played against them but they seemed to be getting better so we needed to come out strong. After the 2 and a half hour long ride there we finally made it all the way down there and things started off going good. We came out hot and scored 6 runs in the first 2 innings thanks to a few walks, hit batters, and a home run by Brent Chavez. We quited down for a few innings and let the Hawks creep back up to make it 6 to 4. Then our bats woke back up and we didn't look back. Having a 6 run 6 innings followed by a 3 run 7th and a 2 run 8th the final score came out to be 17 to 5. It isn't like San Diego is a bad team they just don't have the pitching to back up their run support. The next game went on and wasn't as exciting but we again came out with the victory. This time the score was 5 to 1 and Adam Mcnaught pitched amazing for his first start of the Season and got the win. It was a super long hot day but definitely a productive one. Two games down 5 to go for the week and we need to win all of them. We have two games coming up this Wednesday and Thursday against Westmont and those are must win games as well. We will see how that goes! After the game we again encountered a long drive home and finally made it back to school at 8:30. A 13 hour day! Shoot I couldn't wait to get in my room and relax for the rest of the night. That is exactly what I did and nothing really went on. I kind of got in one of my lame sad moods but I was able to get over it after a talk with Gab. She always had the right words to say when I am feeling down. Well my day was pretty short and I didn't really do much but ad to my farmers tan and pick up a few wins. Tomorrow is going to be pretty simple, just have practice and that is the only thing scheduled.

Daily Reading: Isaiah 41:10
Since I was kind of down for a while after the games today and actually at points during the games I tried my best to fight it off and continue to keep my head up and to keep playing hard and doing my best. I ended up going 1 for 3 on the day with a walk including a double which I missed a home run by about 3 inches. When I am down at baseball I try to have fun with all the guys and interact with them on the bench and everything but sometimes it just isn't enough. What I really have to do is know that is God is with me no matter what is going on around me. Good or bad I shouldn't fear about what is to come because I have God with me at all times. He loves me no matter how many hits I get or how many chances I get to play. When I am down God will strengthen and help me with His righteous right Hand and nothing can ever bring Him down so He is always up to helping me out. When I am going through something like this alone, it is sometimes tough to snap out of it. Even the littlest amount of encouraging words can put me right back up on my feet. Sometimes it just takes a good yelling at me telling me to get on my knees and start talking to God. I am so stupid sometimes but hey I am human and I am far from being perfect all the time. Well lets hope I get a great night sleep tonight and that I will remember this verse when I need God the most.

Daily Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I haven't been able to write much at all lately and I ask for Your forgiveness with that. I pray that I will find time to be able to write everyday and spend time in Your word. I pray that I will not get down God and I will look to You when I am tempted to do so. I thank You for the people I have in my life that take the time to lift up my spirits God and to help me focus on You. I pray that I will be able to find more people in my life like this and I pray that I can also help others who are going through the same kind of things.
I pray for other friends or family that may be going through a rough time. I pray that they will look to You and trust You with their problems God. I pray for the ones that don't know You God. I pray that they will somehow find You and that I will be used in the process. I pray that I will never look down an opportunity to be able to share You. Please give me the courage to do so. I now pray for school Father. Help me to be able to read and understand what is going on and that I will continue to work hard and get good grades. I pray for the same effort in baseball. Help me to stick to what I have been playing my whole life and work to get better at it. I pray that we will continue to succeed as a team and come out on top of the charts. I pray for a certain situation that You only know God. I pray that if it is what I feel for it to keep moving forward and if it isn't right please help things to slow down and for me to not even be affected by Your decision. Help me to find my dream girl God someway somehow. Help me to love her unconditionally and help her to love me for who I am, and not want to change a thing about me. I pray for the ones suffering just by claiming that they love You God. Help them to keep on praising You and for them to realize that they are being blessed for standing up for their Faith. I love You so much God and thank You again for such an awesome day.
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment