Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 104 "Six Homeruns to Win"

Daily Summary: Well it all started rising up nice and early and packing up the cars to head down to Santa Barbara to play two games with Westmont college. As we got outside we noticed that it was a bit windy here at Biola but didn't think it would affect somewhere that was well over 2 hours away. Well we were wrong. As we stepped out of the car and onto the field, the wind was blowing close to 40 miles an hour! Not great weather to play baseball but we didn't let it bother us. We got ready and pumped up for the game then it finally started. I got the start in right and I was pumped and ready to play. For some reason I felt good about today's game that we were going to score a bunch of runs and beat this team up pretty good. Well through the first inning that really didn't happen as we put up a big goose egg. They came out swinging and scored 5 runs in the first inning! Shoot we came back in and again 3 up and 3 down. Things didn't look to good up until the third inning when we began to creep back. With one out Chad Pace hit a bomb to make it 5 to 1. I came up right after him and hit a double in the left center gap. I then got stranded at third but at least we got a run up on the bored. Then after shutting their hitters down again, we scored a few more with a two run homerun by Brent Opdyke. We were pumped and new that there was no way we were going to loose this game even though we were still down by 2 runs. Later the next inning Hawkins Gebbers hit a homerun, followed by another Chad Pace homerun to put ourselves up 7 to 5. Then they rallied back to make it 8 to 7 with a big inning yet again where we got back up 9 to 8 then didn't loose the lead after that. Steve Alexander hit a homerun in the 9th then I hit my second homerun of the season to bump up the score 14 to 9. They got one little run in the last inning to make it a final score of 14 to 10 with 8 total homeruns in the game including 2 by them it was an exciting but long ball game. A total time of 4 hours and 10 minuets made it an exciting but exhausting game. I had my first 4 hit game of my career going 4 for 4 with a walk and three RBI's. It was a good day and I was really excited to get some extra base hits along with another homerun. I doubled my homeruns today through high school since I only had one in 3 years of varsity. Well after the game we headed to dinner than to a hotel to spend the night and get some sleep for another big game tomorrow. Nothing exciting happened today besides the game so that is all I have to really say and talk about ha. Well have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment