Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 95 "Freedom"


Daily Summary: Well today started out like any Monday here at Biola. I woke up once again in the middle of the night feeling sick so I just popped in some tums and headed back to bead. After that I slept great. I could of even slept in better but I was hungry so I went to breakfast then Chapel. A professor from Congo came and spoke and had one amazing story. He has 4 kids and has adopted 7! That is crazy, his passion was so amazing, and he explained although he had PHD in the Old Testament that it didn't mean that He didn't struggle with questioning God in what He was doing in life and why. It always amazing being able to hear what is going on with God around the world. Especially where you can be shot just for saying the words "I believe in Jesus." It makes me realize how much freedom we really have hear in America. Although times may be tough here in the U.S. if we all take a look at how bad things are around other countries we could see how good we really have it here. Having the freedom of being able to worship God freely is one freedom that many countries don't have around the world. Being able to go to what school we want to, what profession we want to work in, are just a few things that we are so blessed to have hear in the United Sates. I could go on and on about all of this but I just wanted to get my point across so that is exactly what I will stick with. Ha well after chapel and thinking abut all that I headed back to the room and just sat around up until lunch started. As I was walking there I noticed that it was super hot outside and that practice was definitely going to be a long day. Well indeed it was, I was way to dehydrated all day and it kind of made me just go through the motions today at practice. i still got my work in but I didn't feel to accomplished. I don't like when that happens, tomorrow is going To be much cooler though so I will be able to cope since we have a game. Hopefully the rain holds up though. Shoot. Well after practice I went to dinner dehydrated myself and headed down to the library since my group and I had to work on our freedom of Speech video. We were originally supposed to meet up at 5:30 but it got changed to 6:00 so I just sat outside the library for a while and read some of the sweet book that I bought last week. I am really praying about this one because I usually pick up a book read the first few chapters then get over it and never pick it up again. This time I'm serious about the book and I am going to read it from start to finish! It kind of helps when I am sharing it with someone and she is relying on me to finish it so that way she can get to reading it. Well it finally got around to shooting and it went awesome. Our video is looking like it is going to come out pretty good and I can't wait to see the final product. Afterwards I did some more reading then met up with Gab and just chilled with her for the rest of the night. Just hung out talked and did some homework. Oh so fun ha. Well today was another Jesus loving day and I can't wait to see what the Man brings me tomorrow! Night!

Daily Reading: Galatians 5:1
Well here we go with freedom once again! I don't have my Bible on me right now, so I won't really be able to talk about what the verse really means but I will talk a little about what it means to me. Since I kind of talked about freedom today Gabby gave me this verse here in Galatians where Paul talks a little bit about freedom in Christ. The freedom that Christ has sets us free from all sin and any other thing that may corrupt us as Human beings.

Daily Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,
First of thank You for being the awesome God You are. Your wonderful grace and love that You express throughout the entire day would put anyone to shame. Thank You for another amazing day through You God. Thank You for the opportunities I get with other people to be able to share what You are doing in my life. I pray that when these opportunities come along that I will be able to tell the full story without hesitation or fear that they will think what I am saying is lame. Help me to be able to remember the things that I am talking about so that the story is indeed clear. I would like to thank You for the freedom we have as Christians and that we also have as Americans. Help us all to realize what kind of freedom we have here and to take advantage of it all. Help us to also realize that there are other countries don't get the chance to experience this type of freedom. Help us to stop complaining about how bad our country is doing right now and to focus on the positives. I now would like to pray for the relationships I have with others. Some are growing and expanding and others are just saying the same way they have always been. I pray that I will be able to grow in relationships with the ones that I may not know to well. Just help out relationship to grow through You and for me to be able to make more friends here both on and off campus. Help me to be a shining influence to You God. Help others to see You through me and my actions. As I was reading today, help me to be a holy person and to give every effort to expand not only with relationships with others but with YOU GOD! I pray that there will always be that one person in my life that gives me the encouragement to grow in my relationship with You. I love You so much! I pray for my friends and family that may be going through some rough times. Please help them to look to You for answers and problems God. Help them to know that You will never give them anything that You can't handle and nothing is impossible through You. I pray for the friends and family that don't know You God. Help me to be a light in their life and for them to some how become interested in You God. Help them to seek You and help me to be open in talking to them about You and Your oh so wonderful ways! I pray for my dream girl God, weather she is around me or not help me to be patient in finding her and getting to know her God. Please help me to keep up with the book I am reading as well! Thank You for another amazing day God! I love You so much!
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment